We should say that “working with us” is the first way! When you let us help you find the loan that’s right for you, you truly are taking advantage of some of the area’s best technology and expertise to get you a loan decision and funding on your loan quickly. But here are five “other” ways you can speed up the process of getting a mortgage loan:
1. Have everything ready and in one place. Gather paystubs, W-2s; income related docs. If you get them all together and keep them in a safe, portable place like a special pouch or folder, you can cut down on time spent rooting around for things we may need. Also, you’ll help cut down on your own anxiety and confusion.
2. Be honest and complete when you fill out your application. “Fudging” your employment or residence history or omitting open credit accounts you’d rather not have considered doesn’t increase your chances of getting a favorable loan. In 100 percent of cases, it makes it harder, and take longer.
3. Respond promptly to requests for additional information. During processing, we or the lender considering your loan may need additional information. Provide it as soon as you get the request, or return the call as soon as you get the message.
4. Be prepared to explain derogatory items in your credit report. This is really part of number 2 above. If you had an illness or a divorce where you missed or made late payments, or you have other instances of late payments or delinquencies on your credit report, be prepared to explain them. Be honest, and don’t be nervous! The loan processor isn’t judging you, they’re trying to fill in all the blanks in their paperwork.
5. Let the appraiser in! The appraisal is one of the lengthiest parts of the mortgage loan process. Studies have shown that the single biggest factor in appraisal “lag time” is the appraiser’s inability to reach the homeowner to make an appointment. If you’re refinancing and the appraiser calls to make an appointment, make it as soon as convenient for both of you. And remember that the appraiser doesn’t want to buy your house. He or she will say what the house is worth clean and tidy and in reasonable repair, even if you have some dirty laundry on the laundry room floor or dirty dishes in the sink. Cleaning doesn’t get you a higher appraisal! Letting the appraiser in as soon as possible gets you a loan faster, though.
Have more questions?
Contact us and we’re happy to answer them! Call us at: 303-800-4595!
Michael and Melissa are always a pleasure to work with. They are extremely responsive, professional and work hard to get the best loan for us. I would recommend Colorado Mortgage to anyone. Thank you for another great experience!